libclang5 vs libclang4? (and anecdotal evidence of a potential deadlock during startup)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:05:46 UTC 2017

On Thursday November 16 2017 11:52:28 Sven Brauch wrote:

>I still consider this off-topic, of course we want to use the new
>version with the new features and the new fixes for our application.
>Talking about what wouldn't break when using the old version isn't
>moving us forward at all.

Sven, do you consider yourself fluent in English? Where exactly did my question imply that I want to know what doesn't break with what was the current version until very recently?
Don't you think you could have answered by pointing out the relevant new features and fixes? Not every KDevelop user or even contributor is following (lib)clang development with a magnifying glass and the changelogs on llvm.org aren't exactly helpful.

R.

(searching for sticks to flog a dog isn't helping move forward either)