D8709: [WIP] Add VcsAnnotationItemDelegate, for control of rendering, menus and tooltip

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 8 11:53:22 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks for first feedback. Still need to write some more detailed introduction notes, though, hopefully get to it tonight.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8709#165678, @apol wrote:

  > LGTM. I assume the hover information stays the same?

  Yes, currently tooltip and annotation group highlighting on hovering are as before, the latter even fixed a little :)

  My plan (and initial motivation for the delegate) though is to get the tooltip to show the complete commit message, not just the first line.
  Ideally even as active tooltip and with contained links or keywords available as active links.

  So the use-case of "hm, why was this change done, what has been discussed about it at the review" no longer needs thousands of UI interactions, but just a hover and clicking on the links in the tooltip. Still some way to go for this, but the delegate is a first step to that goal. Sadly the delegate needs to be done properly, due to the ABI needs in KTextEditor. But such is life. And as side-effect we already get some slightly more useful annotation sidebar, at least I already started to like the current UI proposal over the existing.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in CMakeLists.txt:48
> I wouldn't compile it conditionally. Let's just bump the frameworks dependency once this is in...

Sure about this? Developers on rolling releases might have no problems with such a dependency bump, anyone else though would, no? :)

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8709