D8579: KDevelop: project filter support in the abstractfilemanagerplugin import benchmark

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 2 17:59:37 UTC 2017

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 21799.
rjvbb added a comment.

  Uses ProjectController::addProject(). That requires adding the AFMP benchmark class as a friend to the ProjectController class (yuck?) as well as qobject_casting `m_core->projectController()` as the method is not part of the iProjectController API.

  I haven't yet seen evidence that this would add overhead from unwanted plugins (like the clang parser) but an unexpected positive side-effect is that dirwatching *deletion* timing can now be obtained.

  I've added a check for the qobject_cast result with a printed warning and fallback to the direct signal emit I used before. Rationale: the cited concern that something could change in the future and that that would cause the benchmark to do something else silently.

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8579?vs=21735&id=21799

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8579

AFFECTED FILES
  kdevplatform/project/tests/abstractfilemanagerpluginimportbenchmark.cpp
  kdevplatform/shell/projectcontroller.h