D5122: This patch fixes bug 374144, Basically it allows users to install via a custom root installation command

Geetam Chawla noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 30 18:36:07 UTC 2017

geetamc added a comment.

  @ematirov Thank you for reviewing! Have a look at the inline comment.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ematirov wrote in makejob.cpp:180
> I wonder if that change will drop previous user selection, won't it? If so, maybe it's better to workaround that somehow.
> Thus, in that scenario correct command should be chosen:
>
> 1. I use previous version of KDevelop.
> 2. I set su command to "kdesu".
> 3. I update KDevelop to version after your patch.
> 4. I expect that su command is still "kdesu".

Yes, you are right, what I have done is:

1. Convert suCommand toInt(&ok, 10) and store it in a variable say, suCommandNum

2. If ( ok ) then have a switch block on suCommandNum and accordingly set a variable suCommandStr.

3. Write suCommandStr to Entry "Su Command". (so that next time ok becomes false)

4. Read the Entry "Su Command" and store it in variable suCommand.

Rest remains the same suCommand when split returns a QStringList(), which is returned by the function if it isn't empty.

If everyone concerned is fine with it, I will update the diff.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5122