D5042: Port away from QtWebKit into QtWebEngine

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 19 11:37:50 UTC 2017

kfunk requested changes to this revision.
kfunk added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5042#95988, @apol wrote:

  > Then please, let me submit this change and as soon as there's something we can share with Kontact I'll do the port myself.

  Please let's keep the possibility to build against QtWebKit, but prefer QtWebEngine whenever it is detected. That just needs some `#ifdefs` & CMake defines.

  Note we already had a similar patch before, allowing to select between QTextBrowser & QtWebEngine. Unfortunately we cannot use QTextBrowser, though, because of reasons already mentioned before.

  So, generally: +1, but please don't just commit this patch and let people wait for the QtWebKit version to return. Support both QtWebKit/QtWebEngine before pushing this.

INLINE COMMENTS

> qthelpdocumentation.cpp:140
>      QUrl url(m_current.value());
> +    qDebug() << "xxxxxxxxxxx" << url;
>      QByteArray data = m_provider->engine()->fileData(url);

Please remove

> qthelpdocumentation.cpp:263
>      file->close();
> -    view->settings()->setUserStyleSheetUrl(QUrl::fromLocalFile(file->fileName()));
> +//     view->settings()->setUserStyleSheetUrl(QUrl::fromLocalFile(file->fileName()));

Dito

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL