"autistic" Konsole

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 08:48:38 UTC 2017

On Saturday March 18 2017 07:33:42 Duncan wrote:
>René J.V. Bertin posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 21:53:02 +0100 as excerpted:
>

>The surprising thing there is the /occasional/ keystroke getting
>through.  That sounds like the app (or at least the input thread) is in a
>loop, only occasionally polling for keystrokes.

Indeed. I'm beginning to suspect this is something that's taking place at a much lower level than I thought previously.
I have been running Qt 5 without libinput support built in, I'll rebuild now that I have a recent version of that library installed and see if it changes anything.

>You started kdevelop from the konsole session, and it was affected too?
>That sounds like a shell job control thing.  See the ctrl-z stuff below.

That would have affect only KDevelop, not the shell itself, and it would have frozen all of KDevelop.

>Running htop (or just plain top if you don't have htop) in a new
>(responsive) konsole window, neither the almost dead konsole nor anything
>else is sucking CPU cycles, right?  If it's a loop, it should be, but...

I did that but saw nothing through the noise and the running compile jobs.

>Other than that, I'm basically out of ideas.

No problem, this is an issue that will require quite a bit of background knowledge about implementation details to sort out. Thanks for trying.

R.