[kde] "autistic" Konsole

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:53:02 UTC 2017

On Tuesday July 12 2016 15:29:48 Duncan wrote:

I'm surprised how long this thread has been running already, and that I still have no clue exactly what is happening here

http://www.mail-archive.com/kde@mail.kde.org/msg04352.html

It just happened to me again, with 2 novelties:

- it started after I had opened a document in a running KDevelop5 session, from a Konsole5 application. The keyboard input stopped after a few keystrokes, in BOTH KDevelop and all windows of the parent Konsole process. Until now I had only seen this in Konsole itself.
- banging long enough on the keyboard an occasional keystroke would get through.

changing keyboard layouts had no effect (session-wide or in Konsole), nor had restarting KWin (why would it), a suspend/wake cycle or cycling among virtual consoles. Suggestions what else to try more than welcome!!

One of these days it's going to happen during an operation where I can really not afford losing my keyboard ... :-/

Thanks,
R.