D5042: Port away from QtWebKit into QtWebEngine

Sven Brauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 16 00:19:05 UTC 2017

brauch added a comment.

  Sorry that my comment is a rather philosophical one, and maybe a bit disconnected from reality, but ...
  Do we really need a full web browser engine for this purpose? Effectively, we render text, links, and maybe ocassionaly a simple table and an image. Isn't there something simpler than a web browser engine (which is half an operating system these days) which provides us with these capabilities? What about the Qt Rich Text stuff?

  I feel like QtWebEngine will have the same problem in five years all over again ...

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5042