D5042: Port away from QtWebKit into QtWebEngine

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 16 00:15:35 UTC 2017

apol added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5042#94915, @tcberner wrote:

  > Yes, I'm sure, unfortunately :) -- chromium is ported that is true. However, it requires lots of patches (500ish files need to be patched), most of which  have to be modified and adapted to work with the version shipped inside the WebEngine tarball.

  I think that it's possibly work worth doing... :/ we can delay the merge of this thing but as I see it, it's the way to go.
  Right now we're already relying on a piece of software that possibly requires 500ish patches, i.e. qtwebkit.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5042