Merging repositories

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Jul 31 10:57:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> Dear KDevelopers,
> During the BoF we were discussing whether it would make sense to merge
> kdev-python and kdev-php like we did with kdev-clang and kdev-qmljs.
>
> Furthermore, we discussed whether it would make sense to merge
> kdevplatform into kdevelop because:
> - nobody is using the abstraction
> - will definitely simplify the steps to take by new contributors
>
> Thoughts?
> Aleix

It's not about plasmate being dead or alive TBH. It's about it being
the right thing to do:
- we keep installing headers and stuff
- we won't have a rather random distinction between generic and
non-generic plugins.

So in case someone wants to pick up plasmate, they'll see that:
- qmljs will be automatically available.
- kdeintegration plugin will be automatically available.
- they will get to hack on kdevelop as a whole rather than 3 tightly
connected repositories
- if things need to get upstreamed, the story gets much simpler

If nobody has reserves (looking at milian and kfunk) I can look into
how we can do this merge.

Aleix