Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jan 31 18:56:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:36 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday January 29 2017 08:32:21 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hi Rene,

> >From this point forward, communities should be moving away from
>>Reviewboard to Phabricator for conducting code review. Sysadmin will
>>be announcing a timeline for the shutdown of Reviewboard in the near
>>future.
>
> I hope that shutdown doesn't mean complete disconnect; it would probably be a loss of as-yet unknown importance if all code reviews become unavailable.
>
> I'll miss ReviewBoard. Phabrithingy may be more powerful and versatile, but RB had its advantages too which could be why it's still being used (quite a lot, as far as I can see) and hasn't been integrated with KDE's own IDE yet.

It will be a complete shutdown of Reviewboard - we'll be archiving it
in the event for some reason it becomes necessary to access the data
it stores.

In most cases mailing lists should have the history of reviews in
their archives, so those will continue to be accessible through list
archives in the long run.

> R.

Cheers,
Ben