mouse clicks getting lost?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:13:25 UTC 2017

On Sunday January 08 2017 22:39:54 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

This is still an issue for me, also with Qt 5.8.0RC.

It only affects the editor component though. I'm not sure if it's accurate to say that (right) mouse clicks are being lost; it's more that with a few exceptions I need to click twice to open the context menu. Not a true double-click (though one will do), 2 clicks separated in time will do too.

I have 2 ways do generate a right-click on Mac:

1- Ctrl-LeftClick, a system emulation that also works with the hardware mouse button
2- 2-finger tap

Method 1) works almost normally in certain files like configure.json, which probably aren't parsed by the Clang plugin. But even in those files Method 2) requires clicking twice.

However, in other areas like the project manager toolview a single click or 2-finger tap is enough. In fact, double-clicking there is counter-productive.

I'd expect a lowlevel Qt issue if it weren't for the fact that I'm seeing none of this in Kate, IOW a single click or 2-finger tap is enough to open the context menu.

Should I report this as an issue?

R.