mouse clicks getting lost?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 21:39:54 UTC 2017

On Sunday January 8 2017 22:22:44 Sven Brauch wrote:

>> Instead of the context menu simply closing, it is replaced with a new
>> context menu that contains the actions "Configure shortcut" (of what
>> I don't know, doesn't do anything) and "Add to toolbar").
>That's a bug in all KDE/Qt applications.

A long-standing one or a recent regression, possibly in kxmlgui?

>Other than that, no, never seen that issue.

I can now confirm that I only have it on Mac so if you don't use KDevelop there I wouldn't expect you to see it.
This could well be linked to the issue I've invoked once or twice before, that the background parser frequently does operations that take long enough to block the main (GUI) thread noticeably (or even 1s or more). This was becoming a big problem on Mac, but somehow not on my considerably less powerful Linux rig. I'm now running a local workaround patch (on both systems) and it's possible it needs some updating.

R.