[Differential] [Commented On] D3673: Outline: Sorted function list

David Nolden noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 12 11:51:08 UTC 2017

zwabel added a comment.

  Hi Kevin,

  the point is, that the mere distinction between the outline line and the quickopen line at the left of it is, that the outline is 'local', whereas the quickopen is 'global'. Sorting the outline basically makes it quickopen just with a very restricted scope, so it puts into question whether this additional line-edit in the UI is necessary at all.

  At least when the user clicks in the line, I think it should be 'local' and therefore imitate the structure in the code.

  Adding a combo-box there, like the Quickopen has, might be an option, but it would complicate the UI and add more clutter, for functionality which is basically already available.

  I wonder whether this whole feature request wouldn't be fully satisfied when Quickopen with "Scope=Currently Open" and "Items=Functions+Classes" would be fixed, and got an own shortcut?

  Otherwise, it might make sense to simply add another shortcut for "Sorted Outline", but not overload the UI with it.

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3673