Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Feb 3 10:44:46 UTC 2017

René J.V. Bertin ha scritto:
> On Thursday February 2 2017 21:50:38 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
>
>> You missed the point. This "bit rot" is not about disk damage but
>> about software incompatibility. ZFS doesn't help with that...
>
> You mean diffs that no longer apply cleanly? In that case you missed our point. Being able to consult intermediate versions of diffs, abandoned diffs etc. is not to be able to apply them "as is". If there were no value in the kind of code those diffs (can) contain we'd not be using git or git wouldn't be preserving every single bit of history.
>

> Oh well. This is just another expression of FOSS's biggest weakness. Every project has this centre-of-the-universe tendency that apparently justifies breaking things for large parts of the user base whenever the project feels it's justified.

No one is breaking anything. We are working to try to collect the problems and
have them solved, and if you look around in the discussion it seems that a
simple mirroring is working. Also, someone else was checking on IRC how the
Reviewboard API works.

Please let's focus on the way to solve problems.

--
Luigi