Phabricator: All repositories registered - upcoming workflow changes

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Feb 1 19:34:52 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:56:52 PM CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:36 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > On Sunday January 29 2017 08:32:21 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>>
>> Hi Rene,

>> > I hope that shutdown doesn't mean complete disconnect; it would probably
>> > be a loss of as-yet unknown importance if all code reviews become
>> > unavailable.
>> >
>> > I'll miss ReviewBoard. Phabrithingy may be more powerful and versatile,
>> > but RB had its advantages too which could be why it's still being used
>> > (quite a lot, as far as I can see) and hasn't been integrated with KDE's
>> > own IDE yet.
>>
>> It will be a complete shutdown of Reviewboard - we'll be archiving it
>> in the event for some reason it becomes necessary to access the data
>> it stores.
>
> This is a *very* bad idea!
>
> - Quite some commits will lose some extended history from the review comments
> - What about the not-yet-merged changes?

There will sufficient time between now and when the shutdown is
actually actioned during which it's expected any remaining reviews can
either be finished off, or moved to Phabricator (As said in my
original mail, we'll be publishing a timeline for this - which will
have stages where no new reviews can be opened, etc)

> If at all possible, please find a way to keep this site alive in a read-only
> mode.
>
>> In most cases mailing lists should have the history of reviews in
>> their archives, so those will continue to be accessible through list
>> archives in the long run.
>
> And how do you find the corresponding mail archive thread based on a
> reviewboard URL? Will there be auto-forwarding in-place?

There won't be any auto-forwarding - we'll be removing the subdomains
completely.

> Bye
>
> --
> Milian Wolff