code completion drop-down menu: getting the item you want

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 14:54:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

Is it possible that the keyboard shortcut for accepting a choice from the code completion drop-down (Enter) is not effective immediately?

It happens way too often for me that I hit that key because I see the completion I want selected, only to find that I get a completely different symbol inserted into my code. It seems that hitting the enter key doesn't stop the search for completion candidates but that instead the action is deferred until the list is complete ... and then acts on whatever new symbol is highlighted.

This can become really annoying (*) if it happens repeatedly. Is there anything that can be done about it, or is this a shortcoming deep in Qt code?

Thanks,
René

*) It feels like "oh, I found some more matching symbols, here, let me give you this one, I'm sure that's the one you wanted (cheers, your bloody machine thinking in your place)".