kdevelop 5 documentation
work.pfollas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 23:17:30 UTC 2017
@Kevin: I have started creating the manual of the kdevelop 5 based on
kdevelop4 manual pages.
I need to be more familiar with the wiki syntax, first. It will take some
time and a lot of edits in the wiki pages.
- But my first step is to copy all the kdevelop 4 manual and update the
links to pages for version 5 and add pictures for windows too.
- Second step update the wiki based on the docbook 4. So everything is
synchronized and from that point the wiki will be the latest document.
- Third step Update the contents to be valid for kdevelop 5. Maybe some
sections will not applied to the kdevelop5. At this step I will start
questions at the kdevelop channel so bare with me. ;) I am a light user of
Kdevelop 4, with C++ only.I will need help for other languages too.
- Fourth step look back the big picture and see what improvements can be
made so a newbie (like me) can start coding with the Kdevelop 5 either he
is on Window or Linux. In this step I would recommend adding reference
manual, and "how to.." sections with a lot of examples. I want the beginner
user to have a plethora of examples and a well good structure guide. Maybe
also rename "manual" to "guide". So at the end the user will have
* Guide ( an instruction book that start from beginning and goes to
advanced level of use cases actually this is the current manual 4. Maybe
rename it and improve it. )
* Reference manual (this will be a document that explains every corner of
the software and options, and it is searchable.)
* How to... sections. (Small use cases from beginning to advanced
scenarios. Good resource here is the kdevelp.forum.)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KDevelop-devel