global destruction (dis)order

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Aug 8 20:46:39 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 21:29:15 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm seeing something new in yesterday's KDevelop 5.1.1 (KDevPlatform commit
> a11dc98c1d6e1e50926dc43f9d33d1a7c3fe3806). Periodically I get this on the
> calling terminal:
>
> 0x7fb86d9262e0 deleted without having been removed from the factory first.
> This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
> 0x7fb86d9d9340 deleted without having been removed from the factory first.
> This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
> 0x7fb86d9d63e0 deleted without having been removed from the factory first.
> This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
> 0x7fb86d917dd0 deleted without having been removed from the factory first.
> This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method QObject::guiFactory()
> QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method QObject::guiFactory()
>

> One of my own KTextEditor plugins crashed the 1st time this happened because
> KTextEditor::MainWindow::guiFactory() returned NULL (and I didn't check for
> that).

Which plugin? Source code?

Sounds like your plugin is not unloaded "soon enough". Do you still get the
warning with your plugin disabled?

> IOW, something has apparently changed with the plugin unloading on exit, or
> at least this no longer happens reliably before the "factory" is deleted.
>
> I was going to report this as a bug but then realised I had no idea where
> (against what project)... KDevelop and KDevPlatform are the only KF5
> projects I've been updating over the last week so it's probably one of
> those.

This commit changed the plugin unloading behavior; but I don't see how that
would cause your issue:
  * 6fb014383 - backgroundparser: Ensure jobs are finished on exit
    (2 days ago) <Kevin Funk>

Regards,
Kevin