global destruction (dis)order

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:29:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm seeing something new in yesterday's KDevelop 5.1.1 (KDevPlatform commit a11dc98c1d6e1e50926dc43f9d33d1a7c3fe3806). Periodically I get this on the calling terminal:

0x7fb86d9262e0 deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
0x7fb86d9d9340 deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
0x7fb86d9d63e0 deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
0x7fb86d917dd0 deleted without having been removed from the factory first. This will leak standalone popupmenus and could lead to crashes.
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method QObject::guiFactory()
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method QObject::guiFactory()

One of my own KTextEditor plugins crashed the 1st time this happened because KTextEditor::MainWindow::guiFactory() returned NULL (and I didn't check for that).

IOW, something has apparently changed with the plugin unloading on exit, or at least this no longer happens reliably before the "factory" is deleted.

I was going to report this as a bug but then realised I had no idea where (against what project)... KDevelop and KDevPlatform are the only KF5 projects I've been updating over the last week so it's probably one of those.

R.