Where is the Qt conf file in the KDevelop AppImage?

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Sun Apr 2 19:08:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 04/01/2017 05:44 AM, Yaron Cohen-Tal wrote:
> When I run KDevelop 5.1.0's AppImage
> <https://download.kde.org/stable/kdevelop/5.1.0/bin/linux/KDevelop-5.1.0-x86_64.AppImage>,
> it ignores the Qt conf file of the user I use in my system (Debian 8)
> (which resides in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf).
I'm a bit confused. qt.conf is typically for plugin paths etc, not for
appearance; I don't think it is loaded from any global location, and in
addition we do not ship one, nor do we change the search paths for
anything related.

I wasn't aware that you could even change fonts using any Qt-related
config file in Qt5. Are you sure this is not Qt4-only? Also, are you
sure this is not a debian-only thing?

>> the KDevelop AppImage uses its own qt.conf file which may override your
>> Trolltech.conf file. Please discuss this with the KDevelop developers.
It doesn't, at least if I'm not completely mistaken.

Eventually you can do something with the fonts.conf stuff, but I never
used that.

You cannot easily make the AppImage load a style from your system
without patching it, because that style plugin is not guaranteed to be
binary-compatible with the Qt version we ship.

Greetings,
Sven