Where is the Qt conf file in the KDevelop AppImage?

Yaron Cohen-Tal yaronct at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 03:44:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

When I run KDevelop 5.1.0's AppImage
<https://download.kde.org/stable/kdevelop/5.1.0/bin/linux/KDevelop-5.1.0-x86_64.AppImage>,
it ignores the Qt conf file of the user I use in my system (Debian 8)
(which resides in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf). Where, then, is the Qt conf
file that the AppImage uses? I wish to change the default Qt font so that
it changes e.g. the font used for the menus in KDevelop.

I've also asked in the KDevelop forum but haven't got a reply, and I've
asked in the AppImage discourse and got the following answer:

> the KDevelop AppImage uses its own qt.conf file which may override your
> Trolltech.conf file. Please discuss this with the KDevelop developers.
> One option might be to do what linuxdeployqt1
> <https://github.com/probonopd/linuxdeployqt> does, i.e., find a solution
> involving patching qt_prfx rather than using a custom qt.conf.

I'm not subscriped to this mailing list, so plz cc me in your answers.

Thanks,
Yaron