[Differential] [Commented On] D2792: fix KDevelop::JobStatus for "short-lived" jobs

antonanikin (Anton Anikin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 30 04:03:47 UTC 2016

antonanikin added a comment.

  > Again, this is not a problem but rather by design.

  Ok. But how to indicate "finished" status for jobs, which not show output during work? We can add the optional parameter for such "force" status showing , but this changes the API.

  > This sounds interesting. Can you clarify when this happens? Can you give us a way to reproduce this behavior? Looking at the existing code, it is not clear to me where this arises from. Also, again, I don't see how adding a timer would help in that situation.

  https://paste.kde.org/pipaf2s9l

  run:

    TestJob* testJob = new TestJob(1000, 5000);
    core()->uiController()->registerStatus(new KDevelop::JobStatus(testJob, "testJob"));
    testJob->start();

  If the value of first parameter is less than 1000 - we don't see any status (tested with master branch). I think it's not correct behavior :)

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVPLATFORM KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D2792