default debugger executables

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 17:04:11 UTC 2016

On Thursday September 15 2016 15:32:41 Aetf wrote:

> Currently debugger/common is used as a static library by gdb and lldb
> plugin. I'll see if it's viable to change it to a dynamic library and have
> some kind of static initialization function there.

There's no need to make it a shared library for that, I think. You'd be initialising a dynamically allocated global variable or static class member; that memory will be shared regardless of whether the library implementing the class is static or shared.

> The debugger toolbar is provided by kdevplatform, and is shared among all
> debugger plugins (including other languages).

It's missing a "restart" function, btw. I don't know if it'd be easy to implement, but it would be nice to have.

Cheers,
R.