Planning to release a beta version of KDevelop for OS X during 5.1

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:02:26 UTC 2016

On Thursday October 27 2016 01:20:27 Aleix Pol wrote:

>Maybe it's a good opportunity to revisit the possibility to provide
>separate shortcuts scheme file for OS X. XMLGUI is ready for it, we
>just need to do it. AFAIK. AFAIR.

Good idea.

I just had another thought which is probably relevant everywhere. Currently you need to specify -p in order to open *.kdev4 project files, and I presume that there must be a .desktop file or similar which instructs XDG desktops to use that option when opening a .kdev4 file through a file manager.
MS Windows can be configured in a similar way, but on OS X that won't fly. I'm afraid there you'll have to catch the extension when handling QFileOpenEvents.

BTW, is the QSingleApplication implementation now feature-comparable to my own implementation for which I filed a RR long ago? IOW, does opening a file in KDevelop through the Finder behave the same as opening one from a terminal, including presenting a session selection dialog when multiple sessions are open? I could rebuild and see for myself, but asking for a simple yes or no is a lot faster ;)

R.