working set widget disappeared & fixed

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 08:22:31 UTC 2016

On Friday November 11 2016 19:06:21 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

>I've started using KDevelop on Mac with a non-native menubar because at least all menu items are always active when they should be that way. It also gave me access to the working set widget which otherwise isn't shown and which is quite useful.

NB: this is just a matter of setting a Qt attribute, no other black magic required that could cause unpredicted behaviour.

The widget disappeared after
> a few edits in a temporary project followed by a git/commit
>The menubar also disappeared, but that one is easy to get back via a global shortcut provided by QtCurve. The working set widget however no longer shows in any session; the area change widget does however.
>
>Any thoughts what this can be?
>
>And more importantly: how do I get my set of open documents back?

I managed to get the widget back. For some reason the "working set" key in the Main Window 0/Code Area setting was being assigned an empty value (nothing after the = sign in kdeveloprc). I put the value shown for the other areas on that line, and that restored the widget (in all sessions) as well as the open documents in the affected session.

I think that the more complete sequence of events was
- open session with some projects in it, plus 10+ open documents
- import another, preexisting project that was probably never opened in this session before
- stash the document working set via the function in the working set widget.
- enter patch review on the new project to open all documents with modifications
- finalise modifications, do git/commit on the project and commit.

I came out of the commit view into an empty code area, and that's where I noticed the missing widget.

What this looks like is that the stash should have been given a new name/ID which should have been stored in kdeveloprc, but that name remained empty. I see the Code and Debug areas share the same working set. I've disabled the debug plugin in all sessions, could that be related to this issue?

Cheers,
René