building with llvm/clang 3.5?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 19:20:29 UTC 2016

On Saturday March 12 2016 18:24:24 Kevin Funk wrote:

>Clang 3.5 is still supported (it's the minimum version). It is used on build.kde.org (KDE CI). But as
>always: We do not know how much Apple patched their Clang fork, so it might be difficult to rely
>on it (but we already discussed that in an other thread).

I think I only was involved in a discussion about what they include and what not. But indeed, they have their own patches (which may be available from opensource.apple.com or opensource.darwin.org btw), and of course it's hard to know exactly what version they provide.

>I'm not sure how CMakeBuildDirChooser is related to Clang...?

I wasn't claiming it is...

>Please post the compile error.

I kept a couple of full build logs when I still thought there was maybe a compiler option that was the culprit. The error in isolation isn't going to teach you much I fear: it's just the linker complaining that expected symbols (like those from CMakeBuildDirChooser) aren't available. And it's correct: the symbols in question aren't being exported (= not publicly visible) from the dylib. Most other symbols are though, so unless you're using export lists which somehow aren't well generated when I use Apple's clang something weird is going on.

Cheers,
René