building with llvm/clang 3.5?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sat Mar 12 17:24:24 UTC 2016

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 2:56:35 PM CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if KDevPlatform and KDevelop are still supposed to build
> with clang 3.5 (specifically Apple's clang-600.0.57)?

Clang 3.5 is still supported (it's the minimum version). It is used on build.kde.org (KDE CI). But as
always: We do not know how much Apple patched their Clang fork, so it might be difficult to rely
on it (but we already discussed that in an other thread).

> I'm getting
> symbol-not-found link errors (e.g. with CMakeBuildDirChooser functions)
> that appear to be due to visibility handling, and that disappear when I
> build with clang >= 3.7.0 .

I'm not sure how CMakeBuildDirChooser is related to Clang...?

Please post the compile error.

Cheers,
Kevin