menubar visibility and kdevelopui.rc

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 08:32:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

Some of you know that I use Qt's Xcb platform plugin for testing on OS X, and so
I start KDevelop in "X11 mode" with a certain regularity. I have thus patched
main.cpp so that it doesn't use the Mac native menubar with the Xcb QPA so that
I have access to the menubar.

That works but not very reliably; it seems to be coupled to the kdevelopui.rc
file cached in ~/.local/share . Does KDevelop have a hidden feature to (un)hide
the menubar?

Additionally I noticed that if ~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/kdevelop/kdevelopui.rc
doesn't exist, it is copied from ~/.kde/share/apps/kdevelop/kdevelopui.rc
which is quite different than the file shipped with KDevelop5 .

R.