Help needed for my work on LLDB plugin

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 22:55:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Aetf <7437103 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree that we should try to provide a unique interface for different
> debuggers. And the variables, break points and frame stack view are already
> in kdevplatform. It shouldn't be hard to use them in kdev-xdebug.
>
> But other tool views seem to be too specific to C/C++, i.e.
> disassembly/register, memory view. I feel they might not be good candidates
> in kdevplatform.
>
> Cheers,
> Peifeng Yu
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 7:46 PM Alexander Zhigalin <alexander at zhigalin.tk>
> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we can integrate a bunch of abstract classes and views into
>> kdevplatform and than use them by various debugger frontend plugins?
>> We also need to resurrect the kdev-xdebug, a frontend for XDebug PHP
>> debugger, so it will be nice to making all the debuggers use an unique
>> interface.
>>
>> 21:03, 25 июля 2016 г., Aetf <7437103 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi Sven,
>>

>> Thanks for help :)
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM Sven Brauch <mail at svenbrauch.de> wrote:
>>
>> Can you maybe do the same for those plugins as well, i.e. share the same
>> UI frontend and just use the debugger plugin as a switchable "data
>> source"?
>>

>> In theory, yes. It's a big refactor of the current code though. And I feel
>> these tool views are too c/c++ specific to be able to put them into
>> kdevplatform. If not going into kdevplatform, then we'll need another plugin
>> to host the common UI front end. Maybe a cpp-debugger-base plugin? xD

Maybe it would make sense to generalize the debug output one for now
and leave the others for later. They're broken in LLDB at the moment
anyway, so it's not super useful anyway.

Alternatively, a solution would be for the debugger plugin to actually
make the toolviews available when the debug session is running. I'm
not sure how it would play out in practice though.

Aleix