RFC: widget-based welcome page

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jan 13 12:38:07 UTC 2016

Hey all,

I want to propose the removal of the Qt Quick based welcome page.

Pro:

- whenever it shows up it feels out of place
- there is a very noticeable lag and also bad drawing performance for me on my
laptop with the welcome page. I btw. see the same in KMail - might easily be
one of many QtQuickWidget bugs/limitations
- the content we show currently could easily be shown with simple widgets

Con:

- removing it also severely limits what we could potentially do in a per-
project dashboard. But we don't have a working dashboard yet, so imo this is
something we could tackle in the future then

What do you others think?

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de