[Differential] [Commented On] D772: Turn all clang related static libs into a single shared library.

kfunk (Kevin Funk) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 13 12:09:21 UTC 2016

kfunk added a comment.

In https://phabricator.kde.org/D772#15394, @mwolff wrote:

> It's not only the build dir, it could also happen when you have ABI incompatible installs in different prefixes and mess up your environment by misconfiguring LD_LIBRARY_PATH e.g.

Couldn't we mitigate *this* particular problem by installing those libraries with a proper SONAME? I.e. `kdevclangshared.so.${PLUGINVERSION}`, for instance `kdevclangshared.so.24` (could be all wrapped in a `kdevplatform_add_private_library(...)` CMake macro.

I also vote for calling this library `KDevClangPrivate`.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEVELOP KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D772