More ideas for GCI tasks, please!

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sun Jan 10 22:40:00 UTC 2016

Heya,

you might have noticed we're having quite a few people working on KDevelop-
related GCI tasks. To begin with, I never imagined so many people starting to
hack on KDevelop during GCI. It was a blind shot when I added a few tasks to
GCI one week ago.

Right now we have around 5+ students working in parallel!

I'm slowly running out of ideas what they could work, to be honest.

I'd be grateful some of the core devs could come up with junior-job like
issues / feature requests in KDevelop, which are doable within just a few days
of work.

We've already completed 20(!) tasks, most of them extracted from the list of
our junior jobs.

Please tell me your ideas, in private mail, or reply-to-all.

I can import them to GCI.

Thanks!

Current junior jobs list:
  http://tinyurl.com/zo8es45

Current GCI task list (almost all of them completed):
KDevelop: Revive the okteta plugin in KDevelop (port to KF5) [active]
KDevelop: Fix clazy issues in kdev-php [active]
KDevelop: Debugger: Use natural sorting in variable list
KDevelop: Ask for Git user & email if none is configured
KDevelop: Fix 'Configure launch does not work without plugin
  "Execute programs" plugin issue
KDevelop: PHP: Update list of built-in PHP functions
KDevelop: Add indicator for read-only files
KDevelop: Add "copy filename" action to context menu in tabs
KDevelop: Improve the problems tool view
KDevelop: Add zoom buttons to documentation view
KDevelop: Add feature to clone existing environment group
KDevelop: Highlight crashed thread
KDevelop: Add feature to edit existing environment group
KDevelop: Support of $VARIABLE in environment settings
KDevelop: Windows support: Parse MSVC compile errors
KDevelop: Parse runtime output of assert() message, make it clickable
KDevelop: Bug triaging: Check whether C++ support issues are still valid
KDevelop: Add button "jump to first error"
KDevelop: Remember Filesystem toolview's location in session