"QAction with KXMLGUIFactory" error/warning message

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 23:21:40 UTC 2016

On Saturday January 02 2016 11:15:46 Kevin Funk wrote:

> This warning means we're using a QAction where a KAction is expected. Just
> take a look at the code emitting the warning (class KXmlGuiFactory from
> kdelibs).
>
> Try doing s/QAction/KAction/ in plugins/patchreview/patchreview.cpp and check
> if it solves your problem (it surely makes the warning go away).

Indeed it did (after also doing the corresponding change in patchreview.h).

I had another interesting flirt with various amounts of

kdevelop(22618)/kdevplatform (shell) KDevelop::SourceFormatterController::adaptEditorIndentationMode: setting indentation width failed:  "Could not access view"

the first time I opened the patchreview plugin in a new session, but figured that one out all by myself. :)

Cheers,
René