Kdevelop5 - Xdebug

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Dec 28 23:16:22 UTC 2016

On Wednesday, 28 December 2016 19:57:26 CET Rick Timmis wrote:
> Hello KDE Devs
>
> Thank you for the work you have been doing on Kdevelop. Thank you Kevin,
> I especially appreciated your Blog post on building Kdevelop from source.
>
> http://kfunk.org/2016/02/16/building-kdevelop-5-from-source-on-ubuntu-15-10/
>
> I have been trying to get kdev-xdebug to compile for KF5, but getting
> very stuck ( My lack of knowledge )

Heya Rick,

Regarding kdev-xdebug: Unfortunately this hasn't been ported over to Qt5/KF5
yet.

> I have been advised by the Kubuntu Developers to contact kde-devel for
> your advice.

I'm CC'ing kdevelop-devel at kde.org, which is the better place for this
discussion.

> Are you aware of a port to KF5 for this tool ?

No-one stepped up so far to do it, but you're welcome to give it a try.

Porting should be pretty straight forward, just follow the changes we did in
e.g. kdevelop.git for other plugins.

> It looks to me as though it just needs appropriate changes to the
> CMakeLists.txt file, am I correct ?
>
> Are there any other Gotcha's or things I need to be aware of ?
>
> Currently I am referencing the following doc's, am I looking in the
> right place ?
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/KDevelop5/KDevPlatformPluginExample

As said above, I'd rather have a look at the changes done in e.g. kdev-
python.git or kdevelop.git. That'll get you started quickly.

Here are the porting notes for porting towards KF5 in case you're experiencing
problems:
  https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes (super helpful)

Hope that helps.

Looking forward to a kdev-xdebug port to KF5! :)

Cheers,
Kevin