about killing "unkillable" jobs

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Fri Nov 27 15:06:59 UTC 2015

On Friday, November 27, 2015 03:22:09 PM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday November 24 2015 20:47:10 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > > Regarding QProcess being destroyed while running: That is clearly a bug.
> > > Please find out where it comes from.
>
> I may have a bit more info on this:
>
> kdevelop(74830)/kdevelop (cmake support debug)
> CMakeParserUtils::executeProcess: failed to execute: "/opt/local/bin/cmake"
> QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
> kdevelop(74830)/kdevelop (cmake support debug)
> CMakeParserUtils::executeProcess: Executing: "/opt/local/bin/cmake" ::
> ("--help-module-list")
>

> I tried building kdevelop with -O0 -g, but for whatever reason it then
> refuses to load any plugin (which in turn means that the "crasher" session
> I had has now been reconfigured to have 0 projects :-/)

Which Qt version is this?

There's been a long-standing issue with zombie processes when trying to run
non-existant binaries. This *might* trigger the warning you're seeing when
destroying a QProcess with a zombie process in background.

Bug report:
  https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-5990

It's fixed in 5.5.0.

Cheers,