Imported symbols missing mouse-over popup

Thomas Brix Larsen brix at brix-verden.dk
Tue Nov 24 21:46:57 UTC 2015

tirsdag den 24. november 2015 22.29.20 CET skrev Pavel Petrushkov:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 8:01 PM, Thomas Brix Larsen <brix at brix-verden.dk>
> wrote:
>
> > søndag den 22. november 2015 20.20.47 CET skrev Milian Wolff:

> > http://dlang.org

> > having

> > Here is

> > > Hey Thomas,
> > >
> > > where is the source code for your plugin?
> > >
> > > Are you importing the parent context of the imports? Maybe that's what
is
> > > missing? Afaik that is required to keep the import alive. But it may
> > also be
> > > something completely different... :-/ Without the source and an example
> > > test it I'd have to hard time to come up with a clear answer.
> > >
> > > Also, did you write a unit test for this issue yet - is it reproducible
> > there?
> > > Would certainly make it simpler to find a solution to this problem.
> > >
> > > Bye
> > >

> > Hello Milian,
> >
> > I have just pushed the code to github.
> >
> > https://github.com/ThomasBrixLarsen/kdev-dlang
> >
> > I believe that I have imported the parent context correctly as "Find uses"
> > in KDevelop is working. But the mouse-over dialog/window is still missing.
> >
> > To be honest I'm not sure how to make a unit test for this case as the
> > problem seems graphical.
> >
> > - Thomas

> Hey Thomas,
>
> I see you reused some of my kdev-go code, nice to know it was useful to
> someone:)
>
> Unfortuntely I cannot help you with this issue. For similar feature in Go
> it was enough to create
> NamespaceAliasDeclaration with globalImportIdentifier() and set its
> ImportIdentifier to namespace
> that you're importing, but I see you already did that.
>
> One thing I can point out is that your import statement ("import
> importstuff") is not highlighted,
> but it should be, since you're opening a declaration on it, right? So maybe
> you should check
> if that code does not get executed or something.
>
> Otherwise I suggest debugging ContextBrowser::showToolTip to see where your
> declaration
> gets lost.
>
> Btw, I cannot compile your plugin, I attached the error I get when running
> build.sh. If you can
> figure it how to fix this, I can take a closer look at your code later.
>
> Best regards,
> Pavel.

Hello Pavel,

Yeah I thought that the newest of the language plugins might be most up to
date with regards to how the API should be used against KDevelop 5. So Go it
was. :)

I fixed some problems later so that the import is highlighted now. I will look
into your debug suggestion.

It looks like you haven't checked out the libdparse submodule. Do something
like this: git submodule update --init --recursive

- Thomas