about killing "unkillable" jobs

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Nov 24 14:10:53 UTC 2015

On Dienstag, 24. November 2015 14:21:10 CET René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I right that KDevelop 5 still spawns processes that cannot be interrupted
> without risking a crash, and/or is there still code that leads to messages
> like I'm seeing when starting a session in KDevelop 4.7 :
>
> QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
> QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
>
> (there's always 2 lines; any subsequent cases probably get lost in the tons
> of other debug/progress output.

These things are afaik unrelated. The unkillable jobs in 4.x are afaik the
CMake manager stuff which got rewritten for 5.x. There, I don't see the
message about unkillable jobs anymore.

Regarding QProcess being destroyed while running: That is clearly a bug.
Please find out where it comes from.

> This is maybe a naive question, but what if you use
> `objectInheritingQProcess->deleteLater()` instead of `delete
> objectInheritingQProcess` (I cannot imagine that hasn't been tried)?

Without even knowing what process we are talking about, it is unclear whether
an eventloop-roundtrip is a safe way to delay the deletion. I severely doubt
that. Also, probably the process is created on the stack. Again, find out what
code is triggering this behavior and then we can start discussing how to fix
it.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff