about killing "unkillable" jobs

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:21:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

Am I right that KDevelop 5 still spawns processes that cannot be interrupted without risking a crash, and/or is there still code that leads to messages like I'm seeing when starting a session in KDevelop 4.7 :

QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.

(there's always 2 lines; any subsequent cases probably get lost in the tons of other debug/progress output.

This is maybe a naive question, but what if you use `objectInheritingQProcess->deleteLater()` instead of `delete objectInheritingQProcess` (I cannot imagine that hasn't been tried)?

René