[GSoC 2015] C++ refactoring

Maciej Poleski d82ks8djf82msd83hf8sc02lqb5gh5 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:42:35 UTC 2015

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 23 marca 2015 01:53:19 Aleix Pol pisze:

> I like the proposal. You know what you want to achieve and why. That's good.
>
> Things:
> - GSoC finishes the 24th of August!

Even 21th. I thought I have the whole September...

> - Tests are part of the development, you won't spend time afterwards
> testing. Feel free to introduce a time slot in the beginning to set up
> a testing infrastructure though.

What does it mean "to set up a testing infrastructure"? Is it some kind of
"maintenance task" of CI server? Or some special approach which I should
invent to enable "exhaustive" testing of upcoming features.

> - I would cut on the complex and probably less useful operations. I
> would concentrate on those where you can give a clear use-case and
> polish the use-case.

I cut lot of functionality to fit in time... In general I resigned from working
with sets of declarations focusing on single "units". To some extent missing
features could be simulated by repeated application of "single task" on
consecutive declarations. It will not handle mutually dependent units through.

It will be more like "strong base" rather than "fully fledged solution" (at
least as GSoC time frame is concerned).

> HTH,
> Aleix

Thanks!