[GSoC 2015] C++ refactoring

Maciej Poleski d82ks8djf82msd83hf8sc02lqb5gh5 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 23:29:12 UTC 2015

Hi

I've written preliminary proposal of adding refactoring features to KDevelop:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/maciej_poleski/5629499534213120
and want to hear some feedback. (this timeline scares me a bit :) )

I think about routing all accesses to source code inside KDevelop through
clang::FileManager. This object is required for libTooling and looks like
there is no way to customize file-access method (or use vfs::FileSystem?). We
may have more than one source of alterations in file: user and tool. If we
allow two separate caches for them, we may expect data races here.

Is dynamic population of context-menu good idea in terms of GUI latency? It
would be nice to have listed only refactorings applicable for current
selection/position instead of all implemented, but the question is if making
such population will not decrease GUI responsiveness too much.

Best Regards
Maciej Poleski