GSoC reminder: Please tell us about your project

Laszlo Kis-Adam dfighter1985 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 15:26:21 UTC 2015

Hi there!
I've not submitted one that's why you haven't seen it.
Frankly I didn't see a point, since my the GUI change depended on a not
so reusable infrastructure, so it wouldn't have made much sense to merge
those changes.
Since then I've been working on refactoring and making it all reusable.
I've created a new Problem class (it will eventually totally replace the
"old" Problem class) that is totally independent of DUChain, and now
that's the problem used by ProblemModel.
I've also broken up ProblemModel to two parts, ProblemModel and
ProblemReporterModel. [1]
ProblemModel provides the storage for problems and the interface,
ProblemReporterModel is derived from ProblemModel and implements the
logic that used to be the old Problem Reporter Plugin (So it retrieves
the background parser, etc problems).
However ProblemReporterModel still gets the problems from DUChain. So
the next step will be changing that.
Also I've created a plugin just for testing the new infrastructure. [2]

Please note that as per the schedule I'm still not working full-time
since I have exams till' the end of June (had the first one today actually).
So there's nothing to worry about, I am working as per the schedule of
my proposal, and I expect to be done with refactoring, cleaning, etc. by
the midterm evaluation.
Then it will make sense to merge in the changes, since by then it will
be a nice reusable framework! :)

Cheers,
Laszlo Kis-Adam

[1] http://i.imgur.com/VhxXzxi.jpg