Regression: Caching of compiler defines/include

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jul 29 13:56:29 UTC 2015

Hey Sergey,

your recent patch broke the caching of the GCCLikeCompiler includes and
defines, leading to excessive calls execve and string parsing etc. pp.
CompilerProvider uses configForItem which re-reads the settings and recreates
Compiler instances all the time, which is a huge waste of resources.

Did you not notice this extreme performance regression?

Could you have a look at that now? I'm in the middle of something else
(KTextEditor plugin integration) and will revert your patch locally for now.
Later today I'll then hopefully have time to fixup this issue, but I'd
appreciate if you could work on that ASAP. Please do test your changes more
thoroughly - this should have been very obvious when you try to parse any
project.

Thanks
--
Milian Wolff