Exception policy?

Nicolai Hähnle-Montoro nhaehnle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 22:04:50 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

I usually debug everything with a breakpoint on "exception throw", to
the extent where it's set in my .gdbinit. Since the Subversion plugin
was reenabled, I started seeing annoying exceptions thrown when
opening any project, in svn::Client::info() at
kdevplatform/plugins/subversion/kdevsvncpp/client_status.cpp:407.

Apparently, these exceptions are used to signal the case when there
isn't a Subversion checkout at all. Is this really necessary?

I've disabled the plugin for now, but at least MHO is that exceptions
should only be thrown when something goes wrong. Probing for a
Subversion checkout and realizing that there isn't one isn't
"something goes wrong" in my book.

Cheers,
Nicolai
--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.