My attempt at porting kdev-upload to KF5

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Thu Sep 18 18:15:30 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 17 September 2014 19:29:30 Jakub Caban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I know you all are probably busy porting important stuff at KDevelop to
> KF5 I have decided to jump in and try to port kdev-upload to KF5, as that's
> one plugin I unfortunately cannot work without.
>
> I have found out that kdev-upload is not available on KDE reviewboard, so
> I've decided to write here and ask for little help and guidance.

Patch looks good from a quick glance.

Regarding ReviewBoard: I'm trying to get this working for kdev-upload as we
speak. Just re-try tomorrow to upload to the patch reviewboard.

> I've done some initial work making the plugin to compile against
> KDevplatform master and KDevelop master. At the current state it crushes
> KDevelop whenever I try to access projects settings, so there certainly is
> much more to be done.

As Sven mentioned. Try to run KDevelop in a debugger. You can get some help
here: [1].

> But for now I'd love to hear back from you whether my work is at least
> pointed at right direction. And if anyone would find a moment or two to
> review my changes and point obvious (and other) mistakes, I'd really
> appreciate that. I have no development experience with KDE and my C++ skill
> are not excellent, but am determined and willing to at least achieve my
> goal of working kdev-upload on KF5 :)

Yep. Much appreciated. Thanks for working on this!

[1]
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/How_to_create_useful_crash_reports#Retrieving_a_backtrace_with_GDB