My attempt at porting kdev-upload to KF5

Jakub Caban kuba at whyblack.pl
Wed Sep 17 17:29:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

As I know you all are probably busy porting important stuff at KDevelop to KF5 I have decided to jump in and try to port kdev-upload to KF5, as that's one plugin I unfortunately cannot work without.

I have found out that kdev-upload is not available on KDE reviewboard, so I've decided to write here and ask for little help and guidance.

I've done some initial work making the plugin to compile against KDevplatform master and KDevelop master. At the current state it crushes KDevelop whenever I try to access projects settings, so there certainly is much more to be done.

But for now I'd love to hear back from you whether my work is at least pointed at right direction. And if anyone would find a moment or two to review my changes and point obvious (and other) mistakes, I'd really appreciate that. I have no development experience with KDE and my C++ skill are not excellent, but am determined and willing to at least achieve my goal of working kdev-upload on KF5 :)

--
Best Regards
Jakub Caban