Kate / KDevelop Sprint

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Nov 24 03:51:38 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Dominik Haumann <dhaumann at kde.org> wrote:

> Well,
>
> same procedure as every year: Over the years, it turned out that the joint
> Kate/KDevelop sprints are always quite productive, and a lot of things get
> done. Imo, we should continue this collaboration.
>
> Arriving at KF5 with a release soon (Applications release on 17th of Decem-
> ber), Kate 5 will be officially out the first time. We certainly will get
> much more feedback (and bugs) than right now in the coming months. A sprint
> from the Kate POV makes a lot of sense. Further, Christoph and myself
> recently discussed that having proper support for OS X and Windows would
> also be desirable. I think we should push here more, maybe making it even
> a joint Kate/KDevelop/KDE on Windows sprint.
>
> The organization involves
> - finding a date, e.g. through a doodle poll (I would propse 8 days, with
>   starting at a Friday to Sunday a week later)
> - communicating with the KDE e.V. for financial support and getting the
>   sprint listed on http://sprints.kde.org
> - finding accommodation (preferably an apartment where all contributors
>   are hosted)
>
> Any takers for organizing such an event?
>
> Greetings,
> Dominik

Like I said back at Akademy, I wouldn't want to have a KDevelop sprint
without Milian, also I don't think it really makes a difference for us if
it's in february or may, so I'd really like to have it when he's back in
Europe.

On the other hand, I'd say it's also fine if we have separate sprints this
year, since both projects are in very different state. In fact, maybe
Kevin, Sven or myself, we can join so that KDevelop is still present.

FWIW, you can count on the BlueSystems office in Barcelona if you want to
have the sprint here, like last year.

Aleix