Releasing KDevelop 4.7.1?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sat Nov 22 17:27:02 UTC 2014

Heya,

I've just committed another few patches to 4.7/1.7 fixing general annoyances.
I think we should get out 4.7.1 as soon as possible.

Noteworthy changes:
- kdevelop:
  - "Missing Declaration Assistant":
    - a lot less aggressive now
      (Doesn't propose to solve issues it can't solve,
      i.e. for identifiers containing a namespace)
    - Fix missing container string in the assistant popup title
- kdevplatform:
  - assistant: Make sure to always use the minimum space,
    don't waste vertical space
  - outputview: Fix for the (annoying) "F4 goes to previous error" issue [1]

These issues slow down day-to-day work routines, so I think we should make
sure our users are not affected by this.

I've already seen several requests asking us whether it's possible to disable
the assistant popup, btw. But I think with my recent changes it got a lot
better already.

So, let's release?

Greets

[1] d45b6c584f2336f31ea9b47ecafff6664459f972