KDevelop KF5 how to

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sun Jun 22 11:51:08 UTC 2014

On Sunday 22 June 2014 13:03:53 Sergey Kalinichev wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I noticed the discussion about switching to the KF5 soon, so I decided
> to try it out myself.
>
> Here are the problems that I've encountered:
>
> 1.  This is not exactly the KDevelop's isuue still it prevents it's
> building: The ECMGenerateHeaders.cmake doesn't always generate the
> CamelCase headers: --snip--
> ecm_generate_headers(KCoreAddons_HEADERS
>     HEADER_NAMES KAboutData
>     REQUIRED_HEADERS KCoreAddons_HEADERS
> )
> ecm_generate_headers(KCoreAddons_HEADERS
>     HEADER_NAMES KSharedDataCache
>     RELATIVE caching
>     REQUIRED_HEADERS KCoreAddons_HEADERS
> )
> --snip--

Can't comment on that, that has always worked for me.

> E.g. in the case above it won't. To reproduce it try to install the
> KCoreAddons (but first remove already installed CamelCase headers, if
> you have any) and see if they will be generated once again.
>
> 2. And the second and what is more important the KDevelop won't
> launch. It immediately crashes, without even reaching the main
> function.
>  Please note that all other apps from the KDE frameworks branch launch
> just fine (I've tried Kate, Konsole and Dolphin )
>
> The backtrace:
> #0  0x00007fffeaa3c90c in ?? ()
>    from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4
> #1  0x00007ffff7deaa2a in call_init (l=<optimized out>,
>     argc=argc at entry=1, argv=argv at entry=0x7fffffffdaf8,
>     env=env at entry=0x7fffffffdb08) at dl-init.c:78
> #2  0x00007ffff7deab13 in call_init (env=0x7fffffffdb08,
>     argv=0x7fffffffdaf8, argc=1, l=<optimized out>) at dl-init.c:36
> #3  _dl_init (main_map=0x7ffff7ffe1a8, argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffdaf8,
>     env=0x7fffffffdb08) at dl-init.c:126
> #4  0x00007ffff7ddd1ca in _dl_start_user ()
>    from /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
> #5  0x0000000000000001 in ?? ()
> #6  0x00007fffffffdea8 in ?? ()
> #7  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
>
> So I'm wondering if anyone have actually tried it, if so what am I
> doing wrong then?

Aleix and me worked on it and of course also tried running it. KDevelop works
fine for me using KF5.

Judging from your backtrace, it looks like the environment is not set up
properly. "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtGui.so.4" is the Qt4 version of the
QtGui library (according to the .so suffix), but instead it should load
Qt5Gui.

Check your runtime setup, see:
http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building#Runtime_setup

Greets