Bazaar unit test failures

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jun 18 10:10:39 UTC 2014

On Sunday 15 June 2014 22:12:21 Maciej Poleski wrote:
> Dnia niedziela, 15 czerwca 2014 21:57:38 Milian Wolff pisze:
> > Hey Maciej,
> >
> > thanks for your Bazaar plugin! Sadly, its unit test fails for us on the CI
> > server but also locally for me and probably everyone else who never used
> > Bazaar:
> >
> > Process 'bzr commit /tmp/kdevBazaar_testdir/ -m Test commit' exited with
> > status 3
> > bzr: ERROR: Unable to determine your name.
> > Please, set your name with the 'whoami' command.
> > E.g. bzr whoami "Your Name <name at example.com>
> >
> > Can you workaround this somehow in the unit test? Maybe set the bazaar
> > config in the testdir manually somehow?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hey Milian,
>
> Thanks for your information. I was investigating it for a few days and was
> unable to reproduce these failures. Now everything is clear. I will look for
> some workaround.

Thanks for the workaround. Generally, should this whoami information not be
inserted everytime you initialize a bzr repository? I.e. detect if the
information is there, and if not, add it to the repository. You can use the
name and email you get for the current user from the KDE api. See
KEMailSettings, or how its used in e.g. LicensePage::license in
plugins/filetemplates/licensepage.cpp.

Bye

--
Milian Wolff